Behavioral Health Treatment Center (BHTC)
Alaska Family Services behavioral health programs emphasize improving functional outcomes for youth, adults, and families.
The Behavioral Health Treatment Center’s (BHTC) philosophy is that mental health and substance use disorders can be effectively addressed through use of evidence-based treatments, in the least restrictive environment possible, and when services are delivered through collaborative partnership with clients.
The BHTC believes this philosophy facilitates clients’ ability to achieve goals in an efficient and effective manner that respects and values client autonomy.
Alaska Family Services’ Behavioral Health Treatment Center offers professional substance use and mental health counseling services. These services include:
- Substance use assessments (ex. court ordered, ASAP or OCS referred, or self-referred)
- The BHTC delivers substance use ASAM level 2.1 Intensive Outpatient programs, ASAM level 1.0 Outpatient programs, and ADIS or Prime for Life.
- Integrated Assessments for persons who may have both a substance use and mental health concern
- Mental health assessments (for children, family, or individuals)
- Our mental health services utilize several therapeutic approaches such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Exposure Therapy, and Behavioral Activation to collaborate with individuals and their families in addressing the difficulties of dealing with mental and emotional needs.
- Crisis Intervention: If our doors are open, then someone will be there to hear your needs and do their best to point you in the right direction for support and services. Call us any time or stop in.
We are a duel diagnosis enhanced program that utilizes evidence based best practices and trauma informed care to provide you or your family members individualized confidential care.
Substance-use programs consist of both individual counseling sessions as well as group counseling sessions. Our programs are abstinence-based although we work with our Clients on harm-reduction goals dependent on individualized objectives of treatment. We will work closely with medication management providers to ensure you are getting the most effective care possible.
Currently we offer in person and telehealth services for individual therapy.
All group sessions are currently via telehealth.
The BHTC makes every effort to accommodate for the scheduling needs of our clients; we work with Slope workers and other unique situations if at all possible. Our goal is to help you meet your goals.
We are a Medicaid services provider for both substance use and mental health treatment.
We also bill private insurance and have a sliding scale fee for those who are not insured.
Location & Contact
To start the intake process, please come by our office and fill out an intake packet.
***Women who are pregnant and injection drug users will receive priority of admission preference.
Transportation assistance is available, please call for more information.
Behavioral Health Treatment Center
5851 E. Mayflower Court,
Wasilla, AK 99654
Hours: M – F, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Phone: (907) 376-4000
Fax: (907) 373-1135