Advocacy illustration

Legal Advocacy & Court Mandated Programming

Alaska Family Services provides a variety of services to individuals navigating the legal system and accessing court ordered services

Legal Advocacy

Navigating the legal process can be scary and overwhelming. Our legal advocate is available to assist individuals seeking advocacy regarding protective orders, assistance with court view, and legal issues related to domestic violence and sexual assault.

Legal advocate contact information

Phone: 746-6213


Reviewing legal documents

Alcohol Safety Program

Mat-Su ASAP provides case management and accountability for DUI and other alcohol or drug related misdemeanor cases.

ASAP provides a neutral link between the courts and treatment agencies in order to ensure that the clients receive the appropriate substance abuse treatment, which can range from an education course to long-term residential treatment.

Locations & Contact

Most clients are assigned to Mat-Su ASAP by the Palmer, Glenallen, Valdez, and Cordova Courts.

However, Mat-Su ASAP can monitor a court assignment from anywhere in the state if the client prefers to participate in treatment in the Mat-Su valley.

For more information, call:
(907) 746-6260


Family Violence Intervention Program

Alaska Family Services’ Family Violence Intervention Program (FVIP) is a State approved domestic violence intervention program. FVIP provides several community violence intervention programs:

  • A 36-week education and rehabilitation program for male offenders of domestic violence
  • A 36-week education and rehabilitation program for female offenders of domestic violence called Women’s Alternatives to Violence Education (WAVE)
  • A 12-week anger management program

FVIP also provides the 36 week education and rehabilitation program in the Alaska prison system at the Goose Creek Correctional Center and Point Mackenzie prison farm.

For more information, call (907) 373-4456.

The majority of the clients are assigned to AFS FVIP by the Palmer Courts along with the Office of Children Services (OCS), but anyone can participate in the programs.